- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Aha!, you must use an administrator account in Aha!.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- You can have a mix of SAML and password users in the same account. The first time a password user logs in with SAML, their account will be converted to use SAML automatically. Subsequently, the user will not be able to log in using their password again. It is possible for Aha! Administrators to manually convert users back to using a password in Settings -> Account -> Users.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
SUBDOMAINwith your Aha! subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
SUBDOMAINwith your Aha! subdomain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector. The value you enter here is relevant to restricting access to this application within JumpCloud (see Note on Tagging below).
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Aha! logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
- Select the export metadata button for the Aha! entry (this will download a metadata file named
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Aha! as an administrator.
- Select Settings (the gear icon) in the top navbar.
- Select Security and single sign-on in the sidebar.
- In the Single sign-on section, select SAML 2.0 in the Identity Provider dropdown.
- In the Name field, enter
- For the Configure using setting, select the Metadata file radio button.
- Select the Choose File button next to Metadata file and upload the
JumpCloud-aha-metadata.xmlfile (downloaded in step 13 above).
- Select Enable.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- We recommend that you do not use an Administrator account for this testing
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon
- This should automatically launch and login to the application
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.