- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and BambooHR, you must use a team admin (administrator) account in BambooHR.
- JumpCloud managed users must have an email address that corresponds to an email address associated with a BambooHR account.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.bamboohr.com/saml/consume.php(replace YOURDOMAIN with your account's registered BambooHR domain name).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the BambooHR logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to BambooHR as an administrator (This user's email should also be managed by JumpCloud).
- Select the Apps icon in the upper right.
- Scroll down to the Single Sign-On section, and select the SAML 2.0 icon.
- Select the Install button next to the SAML 2.0 icon.
- In the SSO Login URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the x.509 Certificate field, paste the contents of your public certificate.
- Select Install.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.