- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Dropbox, you must use a team admin (administrator) account on a Dropbox for Business plan.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- We recommend that you initially configure Dropbox SSO to be Optional until you are sure your SSO configuration is working.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Dropbox logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Dropbox as an administrator.
- Select on Admin Console in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Single sign-on.
- Select Optional from the pull-down menu at upper right (You can change this behavior once you are sure your configuration is working).
- In the Identity provider sign-in URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- Select the Choose certificate button.
- Navigate to your public certificate and upload the file.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- Sign in to Dropbox by entering a JumpCloud-managed email address.
- The password field will disappear and indicate that Single sign-on is enabled.
- Select Continue.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.