Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and New Relic, you must use an administrator account in New Relic.
- How to configure User authorization
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, enter
ACCOUNTNUMBERwith your New Relic account number)
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the New Relic logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to New Relic as an administrator.
- Select on your company name in the upper right, then select Account Settings in the context menu.
- Select Single sign-on in the sidebar.
- In the Your SAML Identity Provider certificate section, upload your public certificate.
- In the Remote login URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to return to the JumpCloud User Portal after logging out of New Relic, enter
https://console.jumpcloud.com/userconsole/in the Logout landing URL (optional) field.
Save my changes.
- You will be prompted to test your Single Sign-On settings before you can enable SSO to New Relic.
- Once the test is successful, select Enable SAML Login.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.