Additional configuration is necessary if opting to use EAP-TTLS/PAP authentication for wireless clients. JumpCloud recommends when possible to utilize PEAP for authentication, as no additional configuration is necessary with rare exceptions. Please refer to Configuring your WiFi Clients to use JumpCloud RADIUS for additional information.
- Configuring RADIUS Servers in JumpCloud
- Configuring a Wireless Access Point (WAP), VPN or Router for JumpCloud’s RADIUS
For Apple products, administrators can purchase a $20 upgrade to Mac Server to generate profiles, or can leverage for free Apple Configurator 2. The instructions below walk step by step through this process utilizing Apple Configurator 2.
Creating the Profile with Apple Configurator
- Download the RADIUS server certificate
- Once in this screen, you should apply these settings as seen below:
- You will initially be prompted to confirm you want to install the profile. Click
- When installing, you will be prompted for a user name which can be left blank. Click Install
- When prompted, sign in to the Mac with administrator privileges.
- The Profile will then be successfully installed
- Note that it is recommended to remove other profiles to ensure there are no conflicts.
Logging into the RADIUS-Integrated WAP
Removing Wireless Network Profile
If you choose to utilize PEAP for authentication instead of EAP-TTLS/PAP, or are possibly looking to remove the service, you will be required to delete the existing wireless connection. After the connection has been successfully removed you may again connect to your WAP or Router device using non-EAP-TTLS methods. No additional configuration is required for PEAP with JumpCloud RADIUS, so with the old profile removed the user may connect to networking device normally.
- Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences...
- Select Profiles
- Click on the wireless network that applies to your RADIUS EAP-TTLS configuration in the left pane
- Once selected, click the - (minus) displayed at the bottom-left of the window to delete