Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Samanage, you must use an administrator account in Samanage.
- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- For the ACS URL, enter
https://app.samanage.com/saml/ACCOUNT_NAME(replace ACCOUNT_NAME with your Samanage account name). Note, if your Samanage organization uses a custom URL, go to
YOUR_CUSTOM_URL/saml/metadataand use the Location listed in the AssertionConsumerService tag.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Samanage as an administrator.
- Scroll over Dashboard on the left-hand side and select Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Select Single Sign-On.
- Check the box for Enable Single Sign-On with SAML.
- For the Identity Provider URL, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of Samanage, enter the following as the Logout URL:
- In the Identity Provider x.509 Certificate field, paste the contents of your public certificate.
- To prevent account lockout, leave the Redirect to the saml login page when logging into Samanage by default box unchecked at least until your configuration tests successfully.
- Select Update.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.