- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Looker, you must use an administrator account in Looker.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by Looker.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.looker.com/samlcallback(replace SUBDOMAIN with your Looker subdomain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Looker as an administrator.
- Select the Admin tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- In the Security section, select SAML Authentication.
- Select Enabled.
- In the IdP URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the IdP Issuer field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(the same value that you entered as the IdP Entity ID in the JumpCloud User Console).
- In the IdP Certificate field, paste the contents of your public certificate.
- In the IdP Audience field, enter
- In the User Attribute Settings section, make sure the default values are set to
- Select inside the Default New User Roles field and select the user role that will be assigned to all new users attempting SSO.
- Select Update Settings.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.