- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and ShareFile, you must use an administrator account on a ShareFile Enterprise plan.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by ShareFile.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 1
- Log in to ShareFile as an administrator.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select *Configure Single Sign-On.*
- Check the Enable SAML box.
- In the Your IDP Issuer/Entity ID field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your company’s domain).
- Select Change next to X.509 Certificate, paste in your entire public certificate and select Save.
- Copy the ShareFile Issuer/Entity ID.
- Leave the ShareFile configuration page open.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.sharefile.com/saml/info(this should be the ShareFile Issuer/Entity ID you copied from ShareFile’s configuration page).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.sharefile.com/saml/acs(replace SUBDOMAIN with the same subdomain used in your ShareFile Issuer/Entity ID).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 2
- Back in ShareFile, in the Login URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of ShareFile, enter the following as the Logout URL:
- In the Optional Settings section, leave the box next to Require SSO Login unchecked during testing to prevent account lockout.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.