- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- Learn how to manage certificates and private keys.
- Learn how to generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and 8x8, you must use an administrator
account in 8x8 (i.e. you must have access to 8x8 Account Manager).
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- If users’ emails are used by both JumpCloud and 8x8 (as their account usernames), then the administrator should choose 8x8 Username as the User Mapping Field while configuring. However, if these two values for individual users do not match, the administrator should choose Federation ID as the User Mapping Field and follow these steps (after configuring 8x8 SSO) to map 8x8 user accounts to their corresponding JumpCloud accounts:
- Select Accounts.
- Select User Profiles.
- For any user who will be attempting SSO, update the 8x8 user profile by inputting the email used by his or her JumpCloud account in the Federation ID field.
- Select Save and repeat for all users attempting SSO.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to 8x8 Account Manager.
- Select Accounts.
- Select Single Sign On.
- Check the box next to Single Sign On and leave the box next to 8x8 Username and Password checked.
- Select SAML under Single Sign On.
- Select the appropriate User Mapping Field for your organization.
- Select Save (you should now see the SAML Single Sign On configuration page).
- In the Sign in URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the Sign Out URL field, enter
- In the Issuer URL field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(this should be the same value you entered while configuring JumpCloud).
- Select Browse next to Identity Provider Certificate and upload your public certificate.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- If necessary, log into the JumpCloud User Console as the appropriate user.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.