Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and HappyFox, you must use an administrator account in HappyFox.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by HappyFox (via SP-initiated SSO and after an account validation from an administrator).
- When a new user (without an active HappyFox account) has authenticated via SP-initiated SSO, the account administrator will receive a notification email. To activate the new account and assign permissions, an account administrator should follow these steps:
- Log in and select Manage
- Select Staff
- In the Pending SSO Accounts section, select edit next to the appropriate user
- Assign the appropriate values to the user fields and select Save
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.happyfox.com/(replace SUBDOMAIN with your organization’s HappyFox subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.happyfox.com/staff/saml/callback(replace SUBDOMAIN with your organization’s HappyFox subdomain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to HappyFox as an administrator.
- Select Manage.
- Select Integrations.
- In the External section, find SAML Integration and select configure beside it.
- In the Basic SAML Settings section, select Yes under SAML Integration Active.
- Select No for Disable non-SAML authentication for end users at least until your SSO configuration tests successfully.
- In the SAML Configuration section, choose Custom SAML Method under Choose SSO Provider.
- In the SSO Target URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the IdP Signature field, paste the contents of your public certificate.
- Select Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Select Save Settings just above the SAML Configuration section.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.