Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Litmos, you must use an administrator account in Litmos.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by Litmos.
- Litmos does not support SP-initiated SSO.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Litmos as an administrator.
- Select Account in the sidenav (the wrench icon).
- Select Integrations.
- In the 3rd Party Integrations section, select SAML 2.0 (Single Sign On).
- Check the box next to Enable SAML.
- In the Origin URI field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your company’s unique domain).
- In the SAML x.509 Certificate field, paste the entire contents of your public certificate.
- Check the box next to Autogenerate Users to enable JIT user provisioning in Litmos.
- Copy the SAML endpoint for Litmos.
- Select Save changes.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the SAML endpoint for Litmos that you copied while configuring Litmos (ex:
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.