- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and OpsGenie, you must use an administrator or owner account in OpsGenie.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- SP-initiated SSO only works for users who already have OpsGenie accounts prior to attempting SSO.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 1
- Log in to OpsGenie as an administrator or owner.
- Select Settings in the sidenav (the gears icon).
- Select the Single Sign-on tab.
- Check the box next to Enabled.
- Select SAML from the list of identity providers.
- Check the box next to Provision new users on the first login automatically if you want to enable JIT user provisioning.
- Copy the SAML 2.0 Service URL.
- Leave the OpsGenie configuration page open.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the SAML 2.0 Service URL you copied from the OpsGenie configuration page (ex:
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 2
- Back in OpsGenie, in the SAML 2.0 Endpoint field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of OpsGenie, enter the following in the SLO Endpoint field:
- In the X.509 Certificate field, paste in your entire public certificate.
- Select Save Changes.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.