- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Bomgar, you must use an administrator account in Bomgar.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- Users may choose to begin SP-initiated SSO at the
/loginportal or the rep console. The location at which a user begins SP-initiated SSO is the same Bomgar console that the user will be redirected to after authentication. Using IdP-initiated SSO will always result in a redirect to the
/loginportal following authentication. Regardless of the location that a user is redirected to after authentication, he or she will be signed in to both
/loginand the rep console.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your Bomgar instance domain).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com/saml/sso(replace YOURDOMAIN with your Bomgar instance domain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select export metadata for Bomgar on the right-hand side of the page.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to your Bomgar administrative interface located at your Bomgar instance URL followed by
- Select the Users & Security tab.
- Select the Security Providers tab.
- Beside Create Provider, choose SAML from the drop-down menu.
- Select Create Provider.
- Ensure that the box next to Enabled is checked.
- Beside Metadata, select Choose File and upload the metadata file you downloaded from JumpCloud (the remaining fields should automatically populate).
- Find the Assertion Consumer Service URL and Entity ID provided by Bomgar and ensure that these are the same as the values you entered while configuring JumpCloud (if they are not, edit your JumpCloud configuration to use these values).
- Beside Default Group Policy, select the appropriate group policy for new user accounts created during SSO.
- Select Save Changes.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.