Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Qubole, you must have an administrator account in Qubole.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by Qubole.
- The JumpCloud administrator performing the integrations will only configure SSO for the IdP, or JumpCloud. After JumpCloud is configured, the administrator will send the IdP configuration details to Qubole. Qubole will configure the SAML 2.0 connection and contact the account administrator.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, leave the default setting, or replace it with the appropriate URL provided by Qubole.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Default RelayState field, enter a value that designates the default location to which your users will be redirected to after single-sign-on is complete.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
Send an email to email@example.com requesting that SAML be enabled on your account for SSO and include the following information:
- SSO Provider: JumpCloud.
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(this should be the same value you entered while configuring JumpCloud).
- SSO Endpoint: provide the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then provide the default URL:
- SSO Certificate: attach your public certificate.
- Indicate the email domain(s) of users who will be using SSO to access their Qubole accounts.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.