Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and ScreenSteps Live, you must use an administrator account in ScreenSteps.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by ScreenSteps Live.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to ScreenSteps Live as an administrator.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Single Sign-on in the sidenav.
- Select Create Single Sign-on Endpoint.
- In the Title field, enter
- Ensure that the Mode is set to SAML.
- In the Remote Login URL field, enter
https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/screenstepslive(this is the default IdP URL, but if you plan to change this value in JumpCloud in step 2, part 8 then provide your chosen value).
- In the Log out URL field, enter
- Select Create.
- Back on the Single Sign-on page, select JumpCloud.
- Under SAML Certificate, select Upload new SAML Certificate file and upload your public certificate.
- Copy the SAML Consumer URL.
- (Optional) If you plan to access ScreenSteps via SP-initiated SSO, copy the SAML Test URL.
- Select Update.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the SAML Consumer URL you copied from the ScreenSteps configuration page.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.