- A newly installed agent does not show up as a new system record in the console
- A newly installed agent shows up in the console, then goes inactive (red) within 10 minutes
- A previously reporting system has gone inactive (red) in the console
- The service is not running/not running properly/won't start
- There is a network issue
- Systems are deployed from an image that has not been configured correctly with a preinstalled agent
- Verify the system complies with JumpCloud Agent Compatibility, System Requirements, and Impacts
- If deploying from an image, DO NOT start the agent after deleting the the specified files. When the agent starts, it recreates the files and also creates a unique system record in your organization. Deploying from an image in this state will result in duplicate system records where only the most recent to check in will show active.
- Check that the service is running. If it is not, start it and verify the service stays running. See Stopping, Starting, or Restarting the JumpCloud Agent
- If the agent does not start or stay running, follow the JumpCloud Agent does not start or synchronize changes.
- Verify both the system and network comply with JumpCloud Agent Port Requirements
If after verifying all prerequisites and the service status, gather the following information and submit a Support Request.
- OS Version/build number
- Agent version, found in
- MAC | LINUX: /opt/jc/version.txt
- WINDOWS: C:\Program Files\JumpCloud\Plugins\Contrib\version.txt
- The agent log, found in
- MAC | LINUX: /var/log/jcagent.log
- WINDOWS: C:\Windows\Temp\jcagent.log