- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
urn:auth0:YOURDOMAIN:TEAMNAME(replace TEAMNAME with your NEW CONNECTOR NAME)
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.auth0.com/login/callback?connection=TEAMNAME(replace TEAMNAME with your NEW CONNECTOR NAME)
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to the Auth0 dashboard. Select Connections link on the left.
- In the list of options below Connections, select Enterprise.
- In the middle of the screen, select SAMLP Identity Provider.
- Select the Create New Connection button.
- Enter information into the Configuration tab.
- In the Connection Name field, enter any unique name (e.g., SAML-Auth0-IDP).
- (Optional) In the Email Domains field, enter comma-separated list of valid domains. Only needed if you want to use the login widget.
- In the Sign In URL field, enter the IdP URL configured in step 9 above.
- In the X509 Signing Certificate field, upload IdP centificate from step 6 above.
- In the Sign Request Algorithm field, select RSA-SHA256.
- In the Sign Request Digest Algorithm field, select SHA256.
- Select Save button.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.