Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- To complete the integration between JumpCloud and HipChat, you must use an administrator account with enterprise plan in HipChat.
- How to configure User authorization.
- HipChat's 'user.title' field is supported. To assert this data to HipChat, create a Custom User Attribute named 'title' for each user.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel on the left side.
- Select + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the Configure New Application side panel and then select Configure.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP entity ID field, paste the Audience URL supplied by the Service provider.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the Recipient (ACS Consumer URL) supplied by the Service provider.
- In the field terminating the IDP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plain text string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select Export Metadata on the right-hand side of the page.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to the HipChat as an administrator.
- Go to User management > SAML.
- Select SAML single-sign on.
- In the Provider field, choose Custom SAML 2.0.
- Select select here to upload and upload the XML file exported in the steps above.
- All fields should be populated.
- Custom attributes should contain user.firstname, user.lastname, user.title. Do not change these values. Fill them in if they are missing.
- Allow both internal directory and SAML single sign-on is recommended until SAML workflow is validated to avoid accidental lockout.
- JIT and profile sync are optional HipChat settings, please refer to their documentation for usage.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud user console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL, select Log in with single sign-on
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- If required, log into the JumpCloud User Console as the appropriate user.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.