Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- SAML is supported only with InVision Enterprise accounts.
- How to configure User authorization.
- The email address between JumpCloud and InVision must match.
- Non-existing users logging in with SAML will automatically provision a new InVision member with the first and lastname defined in JumpCloud. Note: If the existing users' name changes in JumpCloud, it does not propagate to an existing user in InVision.
- The default role for new users must be defined with InVision support.
- SP Initiated sign can enforce SAML only or allow native login with email/password, contact InVision support to configure this option.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
- In the ACS URL field, enter
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Reopen the connector and select export metadata
Configure the Service Provider
- Open a support case with InVision and provide the metadata exported in the step above. They will confirm when SSO has been enabled for your InVision account.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.