Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- The email address of the user(s) in JumpCloud must match the email address of the user(s) in Manuscript.
- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, change 'SITE_NAME' to the Manuscript team name.
- In the ACS URL field, change 'SITE_NAME' to the Manuscript team name.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Select the user profile at the bottom of the side panel.
- Select 'Site Configuration' from the extended side panel that appears.
- Select the 'Authentication' tab.
- In the 'Authentication Mode' drop-down menu, select either 'SAML Authentication' or 'Username and Password or SAML Authentication' (recommended during initial configuration).
- In the 'Identity Provider URL' field, enter the 'IDP URL' configured in the steps above.
- Enter the contents of the cert.pem generated per the above prerequisites in the 'Public x509 Signing Certificate' field.
- Select 'OK'.
- Manuscript requires authenticating to JumpCloud via SAML in order to save the Site Configuration. Make sure to validate with a user that exists in both JumpCloud and Manuscript.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.