Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- SAML integration requires an enterprise plan
- How to configure User authorization.
- The SAML Subject NameId is the user's email address. Access rules may leverage that value unless additional attribute mapping is done. Please contact Cloudflare support for details regarding attribute mapping and Access rules.
- JumpCloud supports the following keys within the attribute statement: fullname, firstname, lastname, email, username.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter a unique identifier which will be sent as the Audience in the SAML assertion.
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://YOUR_APP.cloudflareaccess.com/cdn-cgi/access/callbackwhere YOUR_APP is the name of the Application defined in Cloudflare Access. This URL can also be found in the instructions when editing the SAML identity provider in Cloudflare.
- Constant Attributes (optional) Add a key/value pair that will be sent in the Attribute Statement for all logins using this connector.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select the connector and select the export metadata button. This file will be used to configure the Service Provider.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Cloudflare and navigate to the Access management.
- Select +Add and choose the SAML identity provider. This should open the configuration settings.
- Browse to the exported metadata file and drop it in the area provided.
- Enter JumpCloud for the Provider Name
- Configure additional attributes (optional). The attributes in the notes above can be used to map to values in Cloudflare to expand the options in creating Access rules.
- Select Save and test. This will populate the field values and prompt for JumpCloud user login.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Navigate to your application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.