Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- Admin will need to request the SAML SSO integration to be enabled via a support ticket to SignalFx support. See https://docs.signalfx.com/en/latest/admin-guide/sso.html#sso-generic for details.
How to configure User authorization.
Configure the Service Provider (Part 1)
- Login to SignalFx.
- Select Integrations in the top navigation, then select SAML SSO integration under Login Services.
- Click New Integration.
- Note the Integration ID, then proceed to set up the JumpCloud application for SignalFx.
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, then select 'configure'.
- Optionally, enter Automox for the Display Label. This label will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User Portal.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter https://YOURDOMAIN.TLD (e.g., https://thebestwidgets.com).
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter https://api.us1.signalfx.com/v1/saml/metadata
- In the ACS URL field, enter https://api.us1.signalfx.com/v1/saml/acs/_Integration_ID_, where Integration ID matches the Integration ID string from the SignalFx SSO integration.
- Leave Default Relay State blank.
- Select Activate.
- After you have connected the application, select SignalFx in the Applications list, then click export metadata.
- Select Integrations in the top navigation and select the SAML SSO integration under Login Services, select the integration created in the previous steps.
- For the Name field, enter JumpCloud.
- Select Show on login page.
- In the Public Key field, paste the contents of cert.pem.
- For the Issuer URL enter the IdP URL obtain from JumpCloud.
- For Metadata, select content and paste the data from the JumpCloud metadata.
- Click Save. You should see Validated! after you have successfully configured.
When a user signs in to SignalFx from SAML SSO for the first time, SignalFx will send them an email containing a link that they must click through to authenticate. This will only happen the first time the user signs in; subsequent log in attempts will not require email validation.
Note that SAML authentication and SignalFx’s native user/password mechanisms are independent. Any existing SignalFx user created before enabling the integration will still be able to use their credentials to login directly, in addition to using SAML SSO. Any user created solely through SAML will have a password generated for them. If SAML SSO is unavailable, users can use the reset password link on the SignalFx login page to get native SignalFx credentials.
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.