JumpCloud will act as the authoritative source of password synchronization with G Suite accounts when using the G Suite Directory Integration. With this synchronization, passwords must be reset from JumpCloud, which will synchronize subsequent changes with the G Suite identity.
To ensure an appropriate user workflow for password resets, Google allows for modification to the Password Change URL. This will allow administrators to configure JumpCloud's URL for password reset and disallow password reset while logged into G Suite.
This procedure will redirect the user to the JumpCloud Password Reset page when attempting to change their password while logged in, however will not perform the redirection when clicking Forgot Password.
- This procedure will require an Google Administrator account, and accessibility to the Google Admin Dashboard. This workflow will make a modification to Google's SSO configuration, however this setting applies even if you do not enable SSO.
- To fully disable any password modification to non-Administrator users refer to Disable G Suite Non-Admin User Password Recovery with G Suite Directory Integration for more information.
- Login to
https://admin.google.com/as a Google Administrator from your tenant
- From the Admin console, click Security
- Click Set up single sign-on (SSO)
- Toward the bottom, locate the Change password URL field, and enter
- Do not select Setup SSO with third party identity provider. Click Save
Your users should now be directed to the JumpCloud password reset page when requesting password reset through the Google platform.