- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Box, you must use a team admin (administrator) account on a Box Business or Enterprise plan.
- In order to configure SAML Single Sign-On for Box, you will need to file an SSO Questionaire with a Box support representative. Box does not provide a way to configure SAML in the user interface.
- In order to configure SAML SSO for your Box account, you will need to download the Box public certificate from https://cloud.box.com/s/e1d6d032d2c48d0017bf
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- After configuring SAML Single Sign-On for your account, the support representative may suggest making your account SSO-only. Let the representative know if you do not want this behavior.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload SP Certificate and upload the Box public certificate (Per above prerequisites).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Box logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
- After activation, select Export Metadata. Your browser will download a metadata file, which you will need to submit to Box.
Configure the Service Provider
- In a Web browser, navigate to
http://community.box.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/submit_sso_questionaire. You will be prompted to log in with your Box admin credentials.
- In the Subject field, enter
SAML SSO configuration
- In the Description field, enter `Please enable SAML 2 Single Sign-On for my account. I have attached my metadata file.
- Select on Attachment to navigate to the metadata XML file you generated in JumpCloud.
- Enter your Box domain in the Subdomain field (e.g.
yesin the dropdown labelled Have you read and reviewed our SSO Overview document?
- Select the appropriate value in the dropdown labelled Do you have a Box consulting package?
- Supply the appropriate contact in the field labelled Who is you Box Customer Success Manager OR Implementation Consultant? If you do not have either of these, enter
- In the Who is Your Identity Provider? field, enter
- In the What is your entity/connection ID? field, enter the value you entered for the IdP Entity ID in JumpCloud.
- In the What is your redirect URL? field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the What is the attribute for the user's email? field, enter
- Leave the remaining fields empty and select Submit.
- You will receive a response from Box when they have configured your account for SAML Single Sign-On. The response may ask that you notify them when SSO succeeds, so that they can make your Box account SSO-only. Let the support representative know if you do not want this behavior.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.