Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Datadog, you must use an administrator account in Datadog.
- If Datadog has 'Google Authentication - Strict Mode' enabled, contact Datadog support to disable it prior to configuring SAML.
- How to configure User authorization
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Datadog logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured
- Select activate
- Select export metadata in the Datadog application entry. This will download a metadata file named
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Datadog as an administrator.
- Hover over your name in the lower-left sidebar, then select Configure SAML from the context menu.
- Select the Browse... button under Identity Provider Metadata and upload the metadata file.
- Note the Single Sign On Login URL for your account. This is where your users should navigate to begin Single Sign-On (ex:
- Select Enable SAML, if necessary.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.