Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Desk.com, you must use a team admin (administrator) account on a Desk.com Business plan.
- How to configure User authorization.
- We recommend that you initially configure Desk.com SSO to Also allow Desk Authentication until you are sure your SSO configuration is working.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter your company's Desk.com site name (for example, if your site is
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://YOURSITENAME.desk.com/auth/saml/acs(replace YOURSITENAME with your account's registered Desk.com site name).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Desk.com as an administrator (This user's email should also be managed by JumpCloud).
- Select the 'Hamburger' icon in the upper left.
- Select Admin from the lefthand sidenav.
- Select on Settings in the top right of the screen.
- Select on Single Sign-On in the lefthand sidenav.
- Select the radio button for SAML SSO.
- For Authentication Service Name, enter
- For Remote login URL, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of Desk.com, enter the following as the Remote logout URL:
- For Certificate fingerprint, enter the fingerprint of your public certificate.
- Ensure that the checkbox labelled Also allow Desk Authentication is selected (you can change this behavior once you are sure your configuration is working).
- Select the Save button.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.