- Generate a public certificate and private key pair and SHA1 certificate fingerprint
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Freshdesk, you must use an administrator account in Freshdesk.
- How to configure User authorization
- Users that have email addresses registered as Agents, Supervisors, or Administrators on the Freshdesk account will be logged in as that user. Emails that have not previously been configured as Agents, Supervisors, or Administrators will be logged in as Customers and their emails will be registered as such.
- Link to Freshdesk help desk software.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- For the ACS URL, enter
https://YOUR_DOMAIN.freshdesk.com/login/saml(replace YOUR_DOMAIN with your account name)
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Freshdesk logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured
- Select Save
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Freshdesk as an administrator
- Select on the Admin tab
- In the General Settings row, select on Security
- Set the toggle for Single Sign On (SSO) to
- Select the SAML SSO radio button
- For the SAML Login URL, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of Freshdesk, enter the following as the Logout URL:
- For the Security Certificate Fingerprint, enter your SHA256 certificate fingerprint per the above prerequisites.
- Select Save
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon
- This should automatically launch and login to the application
- In your Web browser, navigate to the Freshdesk portal for your account (ex:
- Select Login
- If necessary, log into the JumpCloud User Console as the appropriate user.
- You should automatically be logged in to Freshdesk