Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Igloo, you must use an administrator account in Igloo.
- How to configure User authorization
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
IGLOO_SITEwith your Igloo site URL).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
IGLOO_SITEwith your Igloo site URL).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to your Igloo site as an administrator.
- Select on the Gear icon in the navigation bar.
- Select Sign In Settings under Membership.
- Select Configure SAML Authentication (Note: If you do not see this option, please contact Igloo support to enable SAML SSO for your account).
- In the Connection Name field, enter
- In the IdP Login URL, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- Leave the IdP Logout URL and Logout Final Redirect URL fields empty.
- For Binding Type, select the
- In the Public Certificate field, paste the contents of your public certificate.
- In the Identity Provider dropdown, select
- In the Identifier Type dropdown, select
- Leave Identifier Path set to the default value (
- Leave Session Index Path set to the default value (
- Leave Email Path set to the default value (
- Leave First Name Path set to the default value (
- Leave Last Name Path set to the default value (
- Leave **Drift Time (In Seconds) set to the default value (
- In the User Creation on Sign in section, select the desired behavior for when a user performs SSO, but the user's email is not associated with an Igloo account.
- (Recommended) In the Sign In Settings section, select
Use SAML button on "Sign in" screen(You may choose to change this setting once you have confirmed that your SSO configuration is working).
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.