When you remove JumpCloud from a system, either by selecting the device in the JumpCloud console > Systems tab and then clicking "Delete", or by manually removing the agent from the system, the following will occur:
- The JumpCloud agent will be removed from the system.
- All Users on the system will remain unaffected regardless of whether they were provisioned by JumpCloud or were preexisting and taken over by JumpCloud.
- All user data and permissions on the system remain as is.
- Any commands set up to run on that system via the JumpCloud Commands tab will no longer run, regardless of how those commands are launched (this means you'll need to move any scheduled commands manually into cron or other scheduling tool).
- Your account will remain intact, should you wish to use JumpCloud in the future.
- If you remove enough users to get below 11, your charges will drop to $0 and your account will continue as is going forward.
- Any undeleted systems that go offline without being removed from the JumpCloud console will remain in the console indefinitely, or until JumpCloud chooses to delete them.