This article provides JumpCloud Administrator an alternative means of downloading the JumpCloud Agent for the Windows and Mac platforms via command-line. When used in conjunction with the Windows and Mac command line installation procedures, administrators can more easily create scripted solutions for deploying to systems.
curl -o /tmp/jumpcloud-agent.pkg "REMOTE_URL"
(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile("REMOTE_URL", "$env:TEMP/JumpCloudInstaller.exe")
Determining the REMOTE_URL
For Mac and Windows, the agent installer file will first need to be downloaded to the system from the REMOTE_URL. To find that location:
- Login to https://console.jumpcloud.com as an administrator
- Select the 'Systems' object on the left
- Select '+' to add a system
- Windows: Select the 'Windows Install' tab, right-click the 'Download Agent' button and select to copy the link to the clipboard
- Mac: Select the 'Mac Install' tab, right-click (Ctrl+Left-click for one-button mice) the 'Download Agent' button and select to copy the link to the clipboard
- Paste the value copied to the clipboard into the above commands replacing REMOTE_URL