- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and SuccessFactors, you must use a SuccessFactors administrator account.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by SuccessFactors.
- The JumpCloud administrator performing the integrations will only configure SSO for the IdP, or JumpCloud. After JumpCloud is configured, the administrator will send the IdP configuration details to SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors will configure the SAML 2.0 connection and contact the account administrator.
- To configure JumpCloud for SSO to SuccessFactors, you will need to use your SuccessFactors Company ID. If you do not already know this value, contact SuccessFactors to request it.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/saml2/SAMLAssertionConsumer?company=YOURCOMPANY(replace YOURCOMPANY with your Company ID).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select export metadata for SuccessFactors on the right-hand side of the page.
Configure the Service Provider
- Compose an email to SuccessFactors requesting that they enable SAML SSO for your account.
- In the email, indicate your Sign-In Page URL: provide the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then provide the default URL:
- Additionally, indicate your Sign-Out Page URL:
- Attach your public certificate and the metadata file you exported from JumpCloud and send.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.