Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Periscope Data, you must use an administrator account in Periscope.
- How to configure User authorization.
- Once you save a Single Sign On configuration in Periscope Data, you will be prompted to confirm your configuration and immediately log all users out of Periscope. Once you confirm, neither users nor administrators can log in using their personal credentials. If your configuration is flawed in either JumpCloud or Periscope, SSO will be unsuccessful and all accounts will be locked.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Periscope as an administrator.
- Select on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Authentication from the drop-down menu.
- Select Disabled under Single Sign-On.
- Select OneLogin from the drop-down menu .
- In the SSO URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the Issuer field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(this is the same URL you entered while configuring JumpCloud).
- In the x509 Certificate field, paste the entire contents of your public certificate.
- Select Save.
- To update your SSO configuration, type ‘Logout’ in the provided field and select Confirm.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.