Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Bime, you must use an administrator account in Bime.
- Integration between JumpCloud and Bime also requires the IDP-Initiated URL. This is found at your private Bime sign-in page. Right select Connect and copy the link to your clipboard (it should look something like:
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by Bime.
- You can upload a service provider application’s XML metadata file to populate SAML 2.0 connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by application. To apply a metadata file for the application you’re connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You’ll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you’ll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
SUBDOMAIN.bime.io(replace SUBDOMAIN with your Bime subdomain)
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.bime.io/users/auth/saml/callback(replace SUBDOMAIN with your Bime subdomain)
- In the IdP-Initiated URL field, paste the link copied from the Bime sign-in page (see Prerequisites above)
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Bime as an administrator.
- Select the Admin tab (the icon depicting a hammer and screwdriver).
- Select the Manage Security Settings tab (the icon depicting a lock).
- Leave the box next to Enable BIME authentication checked (at least during testing to prevent account lockout) and check the box next to Enable SAML Authentication.
- In the IDP target URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the Certificate finger print field, enter your SHA1 certificate fingerprint.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.