Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Highfive, you must use an administrator account in Highfive on a Standard or Professional plan.
- How to configure User authorization.
- Once the administrator has applied the SSO configuration in Highfive, users (and the administrator) will only be able to sign in using SSO. To prevent account lockout, test your configuration by selecting Test Configuration at the bottom of your SSO configuration page in Highfive. Additionally, before the configuration has been applied, we recommend that the configuring administrator sign in to Highfive in a browser separate from the one in which he or she will complete testing. If the SSO configuration fails, the administrator will still have access to the account in the other browser and can modify the configuration.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 1
- Log in to your Highfive dashboard as an administrator.
- Select Settings.
- Select Authentication.
- Select Start Configuration.
- Copy the Highfive SSO URL.
- Leave the Highfive configuration page open.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the Highfive SSO URL you copied from Highfive’s configuration page.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 2
- Back in Highfive, in the SAML Provider URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the SAML Provider Issuer field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your company’s unique domain).
- In the SAML Provider X.509 Certificate field, paste the entire contents of your public certificate.
- Select Test Configuration.
- Following successful testing of your configuration, select Apply Configuration.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.