Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and DeskPRO, you must use an administrator account in DeskPRO.
- How to configure User authorization.
- All users will be directed to the DeskPRO Agent console following successful authentication via SSO. Once an administrator has signed into the Agent console, he or she is also signed in to the Admin console and can be visited at
- If SSO fails during testing, the administrator can still sign in to their DeskPRO Admin account with his or her personal credentials by visiting
https://SUBDOMAIN.deskpro.comand selecting Login.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 1
- Log in to DeskPRO as an administrator.
- Select Agents.
- Select Auth & SSO.
- Select + Add and choose SAML Authentication.
- Check the Yes box next to Enabled?
- Copy the Consumer Service URL (ACS) and the Metadata URL (Entity ID).
- Leave the DeskPRO configuration page open.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, paste the Metadata URL you copied from DeskPRO.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the Consumer Service URL you copied from DeskPRO.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 2
- Back in DeskPRO, in the SSO: Single Sign On URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the SLO: Single Log Off URL field, enter
- In the Metadata: Issuer XML metadata URL field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your company’s unique domain).
- Under x509 Certificate, select Choose File and upload your public certificate.
- From the SSO Method drop-down menu, choose Automatic.
- Select Install App.
- Select Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.