- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- Learn how to manage certificates and private keys.
- Learn how to generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Expensify, you must use an administrator account in Expensify.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- In order to enable SSO in Expensify, the configuring administrator must have Domain Control enabled. For more information on how to verify your domain and enable Domain Control in Expensify, go to:
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://www.expensify.com/authentication/saml/loginCallback?domain=YOURDOMAIN(replace YOURDOMAIN with the name of the domain for which you are configuring SAML Single Sign-On in Expensify)
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select export metadata for Expensify on the right-hand side of the page
Configure the Service Provider
- Open the metadata file in a text editor and copy its contents.
- Log in to Expensify as an administrator.
- Select on the Admin tab.
- Select on the Domain Control tab.
- Select on the domain for which you want to configure SAML Single Sign-On.
- Select SAML.
- Ensure that the SAML Login toggle is Enabled.
- Switch the Required for Login toggle to Enabled.
- Paste the contents of the metadata file into the Identity Provider MetaData field.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.