- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and TalentLMS, you must use an administrator account (Super Administrator or Admin-Type) in TalentLMS.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by TalentLMS.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to TalentLMS as a global administrator.
- Select Account & Settings.
- Select on the Users tab.
- Select Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Beside SSO integration type, select SAML 2.0 from the drop-down menu.
- In the Identity provider (IdP) field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your company’s unique domain).
- Select or paste your SAML certificate (PEM format).
- In the SAML Certificate field, paste in your entire public certificate.
- In the Remote sign-in URL field, enter
https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/talentlms(this is the default IdP URL).
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of TalentLMS, enter the following as the Remote sign-out URL:
- Select Save.
- Select Single Sign-On (SSO) again.
- Copy the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
SUBDOMAIN.talentlms.com(replace SUBDOMAIN with your TalentLMS subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, paste the Assertion Consumer Service URL you copied from TalentLMS.
- In the IdP-Initiated URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.talentlms.com/index/ssologin/service:saml(replace SUBDOMAIN with your TalentLMS subdomain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.