Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Lesson.ly, you must have an administrator account in Lesson.ly.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by Lesson.ly.
- The JumpCloud administrator performing the integrations will only configure SSO for the IdP, or JumpCloud. After JumpCloud is configured, the administrator will send the IdP configuration details to Lesson.ly. Lesson.ly will configure the SAML 2.0 connection and contact the account administrator.
- Lesson.ly does not support SP-initiated single sign-on.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
http://SUBDOMAIN.lesson.ly/auth/saml/metadata(replace SUBDOMAIN with your Lesson.ly instance subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https:/SUBDOMAIN.lesson.ly/auth/saml/callback(replace SUBDOMAIN with your Lesson.ly instance subdomain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Contact the Lesson.ly support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that SAML single sign-on be enabled for your account.
- In your email, provide the following configuration details:
- nameIDFormat: emailAddress.
- SSO URL: provide the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then provide the default URL:
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(this should match the value you entered while configuring JumpCloud).
- Certificate: paste in or upload your public certificate.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.