Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and StatusDashboard, you must have an administrator account in StatusDashboard.
Before you can configure the JumpCloud SSO application, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that Administration SAML single sign-on be enabled for your account and include the following information:
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(replace YOURDOMAIN with your company’s unique domain).
- Identity Provider Single Sign On Service:
https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/statusdashboardadmin(this is the default IdP URL).
- Identity Provider Single Logout Service:
- x509 Certificate: attach your public certificate.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by StatusDashboard—Administrative.
- The JumpCloud administrator performing the integrations will only configure SSO for the IdP, or JumpCloud. The administrator will send the IdP configuration details to StatusDashboard. StatusDashboard will configure the SAML 2.0 connection and contact the account administrator.
Configure the Service Provider
- After StatusDashboard has enabled SSO for your account, log in to the StatusDashboard Admin console.
- Select Security in the sidenav.
- Select Single Sign-On.
- In the Administrative Single Sign-On: SAML section, toggle Enabled.
- Under Administration Single Sign-On Configuration, copy both the Service Provider Entity ID and the Service Provider Assertion Consumer Service.
- Select Save Changes.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, paste the Service Provider Entity ID you copied from the StatusDashboard configuration page (ex:
- In the ACS URL field, paste the Service Provider Assertion Consumer Service you copied from the StatusDashboard configuration page (ex:
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.