- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- Keeper Security requires a system running Keeper SSO Connect
- A Keeper Administrator is required to complete setup
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- An SSL from a trusted CA is recommended for use with Keeper SSO Connect, else users will be shown a certificate warning in their browser. Keeper SSO Connect will default to a self-signed cert if one is not provided.
- Keeper SSO Connect requires exported metadata from JumpCloud to complete the Service Provider configuration.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter the value in the Entity ID field from Keeper SSO Connect.
- in the ASC URL field, enter the value in the ACS URL field field from Keeper SSO Connect.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Export the metadata from this connector, it is needed to configure the Service Provider
Configure the Service Provider
- Complete installation of Keeper SSO Connect
- Log in to Keeper SSO Connect with a Keeper administrator
- Complete host name and port configuration as needed
- Drop exported metadata from the JumpCloud application configuration into the SAML Metadata field
- Do NOT change the SAML User Attributes, these values are not configurable in the JumpCloud connector.
- Select Save to complete setup
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon
- This should automatically launch and login to the application
- Navigate to your Service Provider Login URL provided in the Keeper SSO Connect, else the main login page will require selecting "Use Enterprise SSO Login" and providing the Enterprise domain specified in the Keeper configuration
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in