- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- The miniOrange module for Drupal and a registered account https://www.drupal.org/project/miniorange_saml
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
- You can upload a service provider application’s XML metadata file to populate SAML 2.0 connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by application. To apply a metadata file for the application you’re connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You’ll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you’ll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- In the IdP Entity ID field, enter
- In the SP Entity Id field, enter the SP Entity Id value from the miniOrange SAML Configuration on tab 2 'Identity Provider Setup'.
- In the ACS URL field, enter the ACS URL also listed on tab 2 as above.
- Constant attributes are optional. Any name/value pair listed here will be sent for all users in the AttributeStatement block.
- In the Default Relaystate, enter the SP Base URL as listed on tab 2
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Access the miniOrange SAML Login Configuration > goto tab 3. Service Provider Setup.
- In the Identity Provider Name field, enter https://jumpcloud.com.
- In the IdP Entity ID or Issuer field, enter the value for IdP Entity ID specified in the steps above.
- In the SAML Login URL, enter the IdP URL specified in the steps above.
- In the SAML Logout URL, enter
- In the x.509 Certificate Value, enter the contents of the cert.pem generated in the prerequisites.
- Select Save.
- The configuration can be tested here, or move on to validation steps below.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- SP Initiated login is supported only on the PREMIUM version of the miniOrange module