Why Can't I Find The JumpCloud Mac App?Notes:
- The app will only appear in the Mac menu bar for JumpCloud managed users on JumpCloud managed Macs.
- The menu bar icon can be hidden using the JumpCloud App Controls policy found in the Mac Policies list.
- Contact your JumpCloud administrator if you're unable to find the Mac app to determine if a policy may be preventing you from using the app.
- Active Directory Managed users (via AD Bridge) will NOT be able to use the app to reset their password.
Mac App Usage
- JumpCloud managed users will be given the ability to change their JumpCloud password directly on their machine using the following steps:
- Navigate to the Mac App shown in the Menu Bar on any Mac system where your user is bound.
- With the Mac App selected, enter your old and new password along with a confirmation password to mitigate on the risk of a mistyped new password.
- If MFA is enabled on the User Portal, an additional field will be displayed requiring their MFA token.
- Once you have successfully entered your current, new password, confirmed your new password, and provided your MFA token (If MFA is enabled on User Portal), hit `save`.
- The Mac App will return that the password was saved successfully as shown above, or will provide an error message stating what the issue was with saving the password.
- Once the password is successfully saved using this App, JumpCloud has already done the heavy lifting to update FileVault and Keychain accordingly meaning no log-out/log-in step is required.