Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Newton Software, you must use an administrator account in Newton Software.
- How to configure User authorization.
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, then select 'configure'.
- Optionally, enter Newton Software for the Display Label. This label will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User Portal.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter https://YOURDOMAIN.TLD (e.g., https://thebestwidgets.com).
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter https://newton.newtonsoftware.com/saml/acs/CLIENT_ID,where CLIENT ID matches with the CLIENT ID string from the Service Provider.
- In the ACS URL field, enter https://newton.newtonsoftware.com/saml/acs/CLIENT_ID, where CLIENT ID matches with the CLIENT ID string from the Service Provider.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- Select Activate.
To configure a new single sign-on provider, on Admin panel. go to Company Settings > SAML Single Sign-On > Enable SAML(SAML or Password). This page contains the SAML Consumer URL, as well as the required fields for Newton. These credentials must be obtained from the Service Provider.
Configure the following required fields:
- Issuer URL: This is the Issuer URL or the IdP Metadata URL for the Newton SAML app in your IdP.
- Sign-in URL: This is the unique sign-in URL for the Newton SAML app in you IdP.
- X.509 Certificate: This is the certificate for the Newton SAML app in you IdP.
After the details you enter are authenticated, your users will be able to sign into Newton with SSO.
There are three different SAML Single Sign-On settings that you can choose:
- Require SAML (SAML Only): All users except Admin users will need to log in with SAML. They will not be able to log in conventionally (with a username and password).
- Enable SAML (SAML or Password): Users can sign on either using SAML Single Sign-On, OR conventionally with a username and password.
- We don't use SAML: Users will only be able to log in conventionally (with a username and password).
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and log in to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.