Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- To successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and SyncHR, you need to use an administrator account in SyncHR.
- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, then select 'configure'.
- Optionally, enter SyncHR for the Display Label. This label will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User Portal.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter https://YOURDOMAIN.TLD (e.g., https://thebestwidgets.com).
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the
https://Your_Subdomain.synchr.com. You can get your subdomain from the SyncrHR Admin Console
- In the
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Go to Company > Web Service.
- Click Single Sign On Settings, then enter the following information:
- Subdomain: Enter your SyncHR subdomain.
- Entity Key: Get the IdP Certificate from your Identity Provider Admin Console and paste it here.
- Identity Provider Metadata: Get the IdP Metadata from your Identity Provider Admin Console and paste it here.
- Click Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.