Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- To successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Rancher, you need to use an administrator account in Rancher.
- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, then select 'configure'.
- Optionally, enter Rancher for the . This label will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User Portal.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click . Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click . You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the
https://thebestwidgets.com). field, enter
- Select and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the
https://Rancher_Server/v1-saml/adfs/saml/metadata, where Rancher_Server matches with your Rancher Server. field, enter
- In the
https://Rancher_Server/v1-saml/adfs/saml/acs, where Rancher_Server is your Rancher Server. field, enter
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- Select .
Configure the Service Provider
- From Global view's main menu, select > .
- Select Microsoft AD FS as your Identity Provider.
- Configure your Identity Provider Account. The form should have the following values:
- : fullname
- : username
- : uid
- : memberOf
- : Your Rancher Server URL
- : Paste Private Key / Certificate here. You can obtain this from JumpCloud.
- : Paste Metadata XML here. You can obtain this from JumpCloud.
- After you complete the form, click .
You will get a confirmation after successfully connecting Rancher with JumpCloud that says, "Rancher is configured to work with your Identity Provider. Your users can now sign into Rancher using the login provided for your Identity Provider."
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.