- A public certificate and private key pair are required to successfully connect applications with JumpCloud. After you activate an application, we automatically generate a public certificate and private key pair for you. You can use this pair or upload your own.
- To successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and JFrog, you need to use an administrator account in JFrog.
- After you connect an application to JumpCloud, you can connect it to user groups. Users in the groups you connect can access the application through SAML SSO. Learn how to connect user groups to applications.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, then select 'configure'.
- Optionally, enter JFrog for the . This label will appear under the Service Provider logo in the JumpCloud User Portal.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click . Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click . You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the
- Select and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the
- In the
: You can get your Artifactory URL from the JFrog Admin Console. Use this URL in place of ARTIFACTORY_URL in the field.
- Select the checkbox. Clear this checkbox if your Service Provider doesn't need to include groups.
- In the field, enter 'Groups'.
- Select the check box. Clear this check box if your Service Provider doesn't need to include a redirect endpoint.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- Select .
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to the Artifactory application with administrator privileges.
- Select , then .
- Select the option.
- Enter the JumpCloud IdP URL in .
- In , provide the SAML federation Artifactory name.
- Paste the X.509 certificate in . This is the certificate that contains the public key. The public key can use either DSA or RSA algorithms. Artifactory uses this key to verify SAML response origin and integrity. Make sure to match the embedded public key in the X.509 certificate with the private key used to sign the SAML response.
- Select if you would like new users to be created and persist in the database when they log in using SAML SSO for the first time.
- Select to allow users to access their profile without providing a password.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.