The JumpCloud Mac App makes it easy to change your password. It also helps you if you change your JumpCloud password outside of the Mac App. JumpCloud’s password sync functionality helps you make sure your Mac password stays in sync with your JumpCloud password. While we recommend that you change your password in the Mac App, we understand this isn’t always an option. If you change your JumpCloud password in the User Portal or elsewhere, our password sync functionality makes it easier to sync your JumpCloud password with your Mac password.
Make sure your Mac and JumpCloud passwords stay in sync by following these steps:
- Change your password in the JumpCloud User Portal or in another JumpCloud linked resource.
- You will then be prompted to confirm your password in the JumpCloud Mac App.
- Enter your new JumpCloud password in the prompt, then click Next.
- You may be asked to enter your old password after you confirm your new password. If you remember your old password, enter it, then click Next.
If you don’t remember your old password, leave the Old Password field blank, then click Next.
- Your Mac password is now in sync with JumpCloud, and you can go on with your day.
You can change your password in the JumpCloud App in the future to automatically keep your Mac password in sync with JumpCloud. If you change your password in the User Portal, or your admin gives you a new JumpCloud password, you’ll need to make sure that you sync your Mac password. You can save yourself some steps and potential headaches by changing your password in the JumpCloud App.