Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Automox, you must use an administrator account in Automox.
Notes:How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, then select 'configure'.
- Optionally, enter Automox for the Display Label. This label will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User Portal.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter https://YOURDOMAIN.TLD (e.g., https://thebestwidgets.com).
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter https://console.automox.com/saml/metadata
- In the ACS URL field, enter https://console.automox.com/saml/acs?o=ORD_ID. Be sure to replace ORG_ID with your Org ID.
- Select Activate.
- Enable SAML SSO in Automox: go to Settings > Security. Click Enable for SAML. Be aware that when you enable SAML SSO for Automox Multi-factor Authentication is automatically disabled.
Important: Automox doesn't provide a backdoor URL for non-SSO logins.
- After you enable SAML, a SAML SSO configuration modal appears. Include the following required information:
- Entity ID: https://jumpcloud.com
- x509 Certificate: cut and paste your certificate here.
- Login URL: https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/automox
- (Optional) Logout URL: The Automox SAML feature doesn’t support SAML-based Single Log-Out (SLO), but you can improve user experience by providing a URL that users are directed to after they log out of Automox. Enter https://console.jumpcloud.com/userconsole to have users redirected to the JumpCloud User Portal after they logout of Automox.
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.